Sunday, August 12, 2012

How was it for you?

We watched the Olympic closing ceremony as-it-happened on the NBC livestream. 

Personally I could have managed a bit less of it, and fewer resurrected rockstars (though I felt stupidly excited to see the Spice Girls again - that Gerri Halliwell went to my school you know).  It would have been good to see a lot more images of the Games just past - surely that would have stirred all our emotions more than any amount of George Michael, or even Eric Idle looking on the bright side of life. 

But perhaps you just had to be there.

Anyway, there'll no doubt be endless highlights programmes for UK viewers on the BBC now, not to mention Sports Personality of the Year to look forward to.  Whoever are they going to pick?  King Wiggo?  Murray, or Mo?  Sir Chris or amazing Jess?  Or any of the dozens of others.  What a great Games for Great Britain, all around and in every way.  Hey, maybe we should pick Seb Coe (again), as a thank you?

What will you remember most about the last two weeks?

4 comments:

  1. Closing ceremony rather specialised and not my playlist.
    No highlights just astonishing feats of athletics all through.
    Full marks to the organisers - and the BBC

    Coe should get the Personality award on behalf of all participants

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never had the slightest interest in equestrian until I saw Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  3. Music (pop concert) was awful Kept turning sound down

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes the spice girls got us excited too but really not sure I should admit it. Dr Wallace now working on making a rising handrail come out from the roof of our car - how cool! Irrelevant the closing ceremony might have been, but I've had my fill of replays of olympians crying to the national anthem.

    ReplyDelete