Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Silence of the library

I've just been at the library.  It's an excellent one, very well used, especially by families.  On weekdays it's open 9:00am-9:00pm and it's always busy, with kids checking out books even at closing time.

But not tonight.  I've never known it so empty and eerily quiet.  I'm sure I glimpsed some tumbleweed blowing between the shelves.  Ah, but of course, it's the night before school starts.  Every kid in the district has been sent to bed early.

Our two, usually stayer-uppers, didn't need shooing off to bed.  They've both been getting up between 4 and 5am since we got back from England, so they're ready for sleep well before their normal bedtime.  In fact, when I returned from the library the Boy was already fast asleep on the sofa.  He won't know until he wakes up that I managed to borrow the audiobook he was after...but no doubt dawn will be breaking tomorrow to the sound of Harry blinkin' Potter again.

1 comment:

  1. old dog (in westcountry)September 11, 2011 at 6:41 AM

    Yes,we really missed the blog yesterday,but youve got a good record so we will forgive you this time

    ReplyDelete