The other day I went in after school with another parent to help the Boy's teacher cut up plastic soda bottles and turn them into "eco-columns" (sort of combined aquarium/terrarium things for keeping both fish and crickets in). Today I received a wodge of lovely thank you letters from the class, all very colourful and - hm - idiosynchratic. I especially liked the ones that thanked me warmly for "wasting my time" to help with their project. Bless 'em.
For a while the Boy has been planning to celebrate Friday afternoons by strolling down to the local ice-cream parlour with his three best schoolfriends. Today we made the plan a reality. I was requested to walk several paces ahead so as not to cramp their style. Likewise I had to sit at a different table as they wolfed down their ice-cream and made silly remarks - really, fine by me.
The outing went well, I suspect we'll be doing it again.
No comments:
Post a Comment