Life is full of surprises. Today the Man upped and ran a 5K race after work. What will he think of next?
He made it round in 26 minutes (just behind a 76 year-old), but that's a reasonable time considering he's only just started doing short runs around the neighbourhood in the last week or so, and this evening it was chucking it down with rain. I'm full of admiration.
I got caught in the drizzle myself this afternoon, out on my bike making a few deliveries of leaflets and the like. My only other exercise of the day came from wielding a hoover, which is almost as surprising (some might say) as the Man running a race. No-one could ever accuse me of being house-proud. When we arrived back here from England I felt quite uneasy at first - the house seemed strangely unfamiliar. Then I remembered that I'd tidied up like crazy before we went away. Aha! Not to worry, it hardly took any time at all for it to settle back into its usual state of chaos.
No comments:
Post a Comment