Saturday, September 10, 2011

Philadelphia Story

Oops - missed a day's blogging yesterday.  I needed to get to bed early after a long and tedious experience on the Garden State Parking Lot Parkway.  For, not content with our recent trans-Atlantic adventure, we're now spending the weekend out of town: in Philadelphia, the City of Brotherly Love, Liberty Bell and cheesesteaks.

I'm here for a Fair Trade Towns & Universities conference - I've had a full-on day of seminars, discussions and FT chocolate sampling which has left me a bit dazed, to be honest.  As for the rest of the family...

...Hi it's me, The Girl (it's really weird writing that). I am basically writing about what the rest of us did today. First we walked a very long way to a big docking thingammy-bob and got on this ferry with an interesting yet thought-interrupting commentary on the Delaware River.

After this, we bought tickets for the aquarium, went inside, touched a bunch of sharks (surprisingly fun - for me, not the shark), and watched some penguins try to make up their mind about whether they should go into their holes or not. Penguins are weird :). From there we saw horseshoe crabs, clownfish and flying bananas (just kidding - though that would be way cool). The trip also featured a stuffy shark tunnel, sticky sea anenomes and an argument over an Icee*. And that was our trip to the Adventure Aquarium in a nutshell. Preferably a pistachio shell, because they taste nice.



















*Icee [i -CEE] 1. A slushy drink that comes in various flavors 2. An argument starter

3 comments:

  1. thanks 'The Girl'. Nice blog about your visit to the Aquarium (or, Fishitarium as I call it!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snappy journal writingy

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was good to see the blog back again-we certainly missed it. Youve been very good at keeping it going so we will forgive you for taking a day off!
    Welcome to the guest writer

    ReplyDelete