I woke up this morning and realised that for the whole day ahead of us no-one had to get anywhere, do anything, meet anyone or shop for some must-have school item. It's the first such day we've had since we got back from the UK two weeks ago.
So I had a lie-in. Lovely.
The Man and I made a brief trip up to Cohoes Falls, expecting it still to be in full spate after recent rains ("Irene" was followed by the tail end of tropical storm Lee just ten days later- devastating for those flooded out the first time who were then flooded all over again). But the Falls were more modest than we've ever seen them.
The Boy teamed up with his buddy for an afternoon of boat-floating (and sinking). The Girl took her dad on a couple of outings - a cycle ride to the library and a drive to the mall for something that may come in useful tomorrow. I knocked about the house, did a few odd jobs and continued to enjoy a sunny day without demands.
Organic Navy?
ReplyDelete