The kids went back to school today, the Boy into 4th grade, and the Girl into 6th - Middle School! Whatever apprehensions they may have had setting out this morning, they were both cheerful and relaxed by home time. The Girl is enthusiastic about many of her new teachers, the Boy is delighted to have one of his best friends in his class. The school-year is off to a good start.
For me (once I'd got over that momentary empty feeling of having both kids out of the house - it catches me by surprise me every year) a chance to sort myself out and get stuck into all the various jobs and projects which have been pending over the summer.
I also nipped out and got a hair cut. The Boy thinks it makes me look scary, but I'm quite pleased with it, so I'm going to pre-empt Royal Rockfish's customary request and post a photo. Ta-dah!
Very lovely haircut - and thanks for the photo! I have now supplied our spare room with its own hairdryer, so you must come back and stay soon.... In fact Rockkid 2 was wondering if the Boy would be able to pop back for his birthday next month.
ReplyDeleteI suspect the Boy won't make it to the birthday party, but thank you to his friend for hoping.
ReplyDeleteMost bodacious!
ReplyDeleteVery nice
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear
that the return to school went well
Now for the long drag to christmas
I am very impressed. Glad to hear the boy has his best friend in his class.
ReplyDelete