Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Filling time

Ah, I did think fondly of my restful Sunday when the alarm went off at 6:25 this morning and I knew I had to get up and get the Girl ready for a 7am skating lesson.  She's decided to take her skating to the next level this year by doing some testing.  It requires some individual coaching, and the slot we've managed to arrange with an available coach is this rather early one.

We got ourselves to the rink, a bit bleary-eyed.  The Girl did OK in her lesson, then off she went for a day of school.

Much of the rest of my day was spent rather tediously on a project at the computer, but mid-morning I had to get myself to a dental appointment three miles away, and as the Man had taken the car I went by bike.  Cycling is really quite a nice form of transport, and I allowed myself to feel just a little bit superior to all the other road users who were of course, unhealthily and unenvironmentally, driving cars (to the gym and back, probably).  Though I admit, if I'd had the car, I would have used it.  Lack of choice can sometimes be a boon.

My lovely dentist, having just told me how much she hated the cold and wasn't looking forward to winter, announced that I need a filling and another crown.  Good, that's her Christmas in the Caribbean sorted then...

4 comments:

  1. Don't get me started on people driving when they could be cycling...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you ignore red lights and ride the wrong way up one way streets in America,?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mr Livid was cycling to work yesterday and another cyclist walked straight out in front of him, causing him to catapult over the handle bars. It's dog eat dog out there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. old dog, what do you take me for?

    livid - I hope Mr Livid wasn't hurt?

    ReplyDelete