Monday, September 26, 2011

Come fry with me


Hello, it is moi, the Girl (I just started taking French a few weeks ago). This is my list of things you can fry, which people will actually pay money for. The Big E turned out to be educational, because it turns out you can deep fry...
  • Pickles
  • Tomatoes
  • Jelly beans
  • Butter balls
  • Dough (OK, that's an obvious one)
  • Chocolate-chip cookie dough
  • Candy floss
  • Peanut butter & jelly sandwiches
  • Peanut butter & banana sandwiches
  • Twinkies
  • Snickers
  • Kool-Aid

That last one surprised me, too. People also sell frozen hot chocolate (this is kind of an oxymoron) and $4.00 lemonade that claims to be fresh squeezed (but I saw insta-lemonade packets in the back of the truck).


Who would have thought it :P

4 comments:

  1. I see that you can have any of those fried delights with a fruit topping, is that for the health conscious?

    Excellent blog by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missing from the Girl's list - deep fried cheesecake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you tried a jam sandwich dipped in batter and then deep fried? It was part of our NAAFI break each morning when I was stationed at Cosford(and very nice it was too!-it kept out the cold)

    ReplyDelete
  4. deep fried jam sandwich! why didn't i think of that. sounds all sorts of good!

    ReplyDelete