Tonight - the last performance of the Musical. I didn't go to watch, though I went in to help clear up at the end and caught the final finale. The kids took their bows to wild applause - but it still wasn't quite all over for them. As soon as they were out of their costumes they went steaming along to the cafeteria for an exclusive cast & crew party. Much noise and mayhem - but they certainly all deserved their special celebration.
I'd spent the earlier part of the day at a Fair Trade Conference, a sort of mini-version of the big event I attended in Boston a few months ago. I didn't have to travel far for this one - it was hosted by Siena College, which is just outside Albany. Siena is proud to have been designated New York State's first Fair Trade University (it's only the third FT Uni in the whole USA).
It was a good day. Informative sessions, and a useful networking opportunity. I came away with a couple of new ideas to work on for promoting fair trade in schools and the local community.
No comments:
Post a Comment