Monday, April 25, 2011

Bit of an animal

It wasn't supposed to be a day off school, but the Girl took one anyway - she had to really, as she'd been sick in the night.  She felt fine after the event, as usual, and she happily embarked on a reading marathon as soon as I got back from the library with a stack of new books for her.

A few days ago, at Cape May County Zoo, a healthier Girl snapped this mystery picture as a challenge for you blog-readers.  Can you spot an animal?  She says that if you can you will earn her greatest respect (and let me tell you, that's some prize).

8 comments:

  1. Tree hugging rhino?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My vote is for a bear

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just had a blog-fest catching up on the last week's entries. Loved the beach pics, we were in Norfolk and I was bemoaning the lack of interesting beachcombing fodder.

    The song they'll make us sing in our wheelchairs will be YMCA, complete with actions.

    And the animal in the tree is a rhinoceros (according to my son).

    ReplyDelete
  4. we think its a honey bear (do they exist?)or a sloth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its a hippopotamus!(stranded by the floods)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My first guess was that it was a tree hiding up in a tree. But maybe that's because that's what I was photographing that day. So, now I'm thinking that maybe it's a hidden-tailed lemur. Or just a hidden lemur. Or just hidden.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey, technicaly you can't be sick into the night only sick AT night thank you

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look at that - now I'm being spammed by Pedants Not-very-anonymous.

    ReplyDelete