Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Arms, legs and teeth

As chronicled previously in this blog, I am blessed with a small mouth, which has caused me all sorts of dental woes over the years.  Unfortunately I have passed on this wonderful gift to my kids, the Boy in particular.  Today, rather dreading what I was going to hear, I took both children to see an orthodontist.

Orthodontistry is big business in this country, where just about everyone aspires to a perfect smile.  Every other kid you meet has a mouthful of metal.  I just assumed both my children would be prime candidates - so I was surprised and relieved when the Girl was dismissed from the chair with a "Not too bad, maybe braces further down the line, but for now we'll just observe."  Yay!

For the Boy, alas, a different story.  He needs remedial intervention now, possibly multiple kinds, and it ain't gonna come cheap.  But ah well, surely the sacrifice of an arm and leg will seem worth it one day when our son flashes us his knockout Hollywood grin...

You have another day to squint at the Girl's animal challenge.  Though methinks some of you aren't taking it entirely seriously.

3 comments:

  1. Serious jealousy in our house when I mentioned the Boy would get braces before the Rockkids....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl :)P.s. i rockApril 27, 2011 at 6:55 PM

    hint- we were at the zoo, so this is really a trick question

    ReplyDelete