Sunday, November 21, 2010

Sugar bowl

Skating lesson today.  My daughter and I are taught simultaneously, but at opposite ends of the rink, which makes it easier to maintain our pact (instituted by the Girl) of not acknowledging each other's presence on the ice.   While the Girl learns dazzling tricks - waltz jumps, spins, lunges etc, I'm still working away at basic turns and edges.  But when I think back to how I started out (barely upright) I'm happy with my modest progress.

Straight from the ice-rink to the bowling alley, for some ten-pin fun with 4H friends.  The boy who was competing against my two is almost a pro-bowler - he plays every week and enters competitions.  So obviously he won outright. At least the Girl and Boy managed to compete against each other amicably enough and without any embarassing loss of temper.

Yesterday at the mall we were briefly diverted by a couple of guys in fake safari suits trying to sell us a sugar bear.  These tiny pop-eyed marsupials are certainly very cute, possibly even cuter than chipmunks.  But tell me, given the lengths we've had to go to to evict rodents from the house, why would I pay good money to bring one home with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment