So, yesterday we were raking leaves and today...
...shovelling snow?!
The forecast this morning had mentioned snow, but oh, you know somewhere to the north, or at very least east of the Hudson. I was surprised to see large flakes falling mid-morning, but even then thought "No way will it settle."
But it did. I was due to attend a meeting round the corner at school at 2 o'clock and by then everything had a fair covering of snow, and it was still falling. I had to dig out my snowboots. An inch or so had accumulated before it finally stopped.
It won't stay around for long, I know. But it's been kind of magical today - and like a little warm-up (freeze-up?) act for the winter to come.

OOOO looks lovely - we have been expreiencing dribbling relentless rain and wind for the last week except for firework night, which was perfect (well done the fireworks team)!
ReplyDelete