Friday, October 15, 2010

Storm 'n' Norman

The Man had booked the day off work today with thoughts of going hiking with our guest, but the wildly wet weather made that a not-too-attractive option.  So we decided to visit the Norman Rockwell Museum instead. 

It was a good deal busier than the last time the Man and I went - loads of coach parties touring New England in the Fall (and the autumn leaves would have looked fairly spectacular if it hadn't been for the driving rain).

As well as enjoying a gallery talk and Rockwell's familiar work, we also found the temporary William Steig exhibition entertaining - lots of funny cartoons and children's book illustrations, including original art from Steig's most famous book, Shrek.  And then we took a look inside Norman Rockwell's studio, a barn converted into an enviable art-space.

I had to make do with the kitchen as my art-space earlier in the day, taking over the floor with the giant carrot project.  Lots of fun! 

Oh, and speaking of enormous vegetables, that pumpkin a couple of weeks ago weighed in at a hefty 500lb.

2 comments:

  1. lovely carrot, and a very fine haicut too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you been cutting hay as well?
    BTW I meant to give the girl's maths problem to my sixth formers to keep them out of trouble, but, lamely, I didn't get round to it!
    Cheaper Tyre

    ReplyDelete