Friday, October 8, 2010

And so to bed

After several days of rain (we've really made up for the dry summer now, I think), today was lovely.  I made a brief visit to Five Rivers between errands, and I also managed to plant some daffodil bulbs in the front garden. I just hope they don't suffer the fate of the crocus bulbs I planted last week, most of which turned into expensive squirrel-feed.

The children have done very well at school this week, and as a reward we made a trip to the local gift shop where they (sigh) picked out stuffed animal toys (because you can never have too many, as I'm sure you know).  The good news was, they were on special offer.  The Boy chose a little polar bear, while the Girl went for a cuddly Rottweiler - read into that what you will.

Earlier in the week a guy came and did his part in closing up our swimming pool (making sure the pipes won't freeze etc), but tonight the Man and I had to finish the job by scooping out the last of the leaves and fixing on the safety cover.  Though nobody has swum in the pool for a month, it still felt like an end-of-season-marking task. 

No comments:

Post a Comment