This afternoon we made a trip to the Palace Theatre with some cheap tickets (generously subsidised by Price Chopper supermarkets) for an Albany Symphony "family concert". The title was "Mendlessohn's Magical Dream", and it was part orchestral concert, part theatre-in-education. The conductor, playing Mendelssohn, chatted with an actor playing Shakespeare about the themes in A Midsummer Night's Dream, which was all an excuse to play extracts from the music Mendelssohn composed for the latter.
The kids were reluctant concert-goers, but though they wouldn't let on I hope they secretly got something positive from the experience. The Man and I would have enjoyed it more if it hadn't been for a pesky family behind us that arrived late, having first bought out the concession-stall in the lobby. They sat throughout munching loudly on popcorn and candy from a rattly box. I came this close to turning round and hissing at them "You're at a concert, not a bloody picnic!"
People often mistake me for a calm, good-natured sort of person...

we totally didn't
ReplyDelete