Tonight was the night of the school Harvest Dance. It was LOUD and a little crazy but lots of fun. Our kids partied with gusto. Interestingly it was quickly evident that Boy has a huge circle of friends he hasn't been letting on about.
Being used to the gentler events of the kids' previous much smaller school, the gym jam-packed wih families came as quite a culture shock for the Man and me. Yet I didn't feel like a total stranger as there were many people I recognised - neighbours, acquaintances from the Farmers' Market, people I've met through the Farm-to-You Fest activities...
There's a full-on weekend ahead, what with Halloween and all. To my surprise, I haven't been very aware of that festival creeping up on us. Last year I wrote rather snootily about people's extravagant Halloween lawn ornaments, but I have to admit I'm disappointed with the general lack of them this year. A neighbour's mailbox draped with fake cobwebs is about as spooky as it gets round here. So we're going to do our best and hang some trash-bag ghosts in our trees ahead of Sunday night.
No comments:
Post a Comment