Thursday, October 28, 2010

Oh no - Noo-noo

We've had a spell of strangely warm weather recently, but it's about to come to an end so I made the effort to get outside this afternoon and finish painting those deck railings.

While I was out there I heard the hoovering drone of the municipal Noo-noo doing its rounds of the neighbourhood.  So as soon as I'd washed my paintbrush I dashed out the front and raked leaves furiously, until the rake head fell off and then I raked very gently.  Darn it, the Noo-noo never made it to our street!  But the goods will all be there waiting if it comes tomorrow.

And then the kids got home and I had to make a trip to Indian Ladder Farms so the Boy could choose a pumpkin (he wasn't fussy, it turned out, so long as his was bigger than his sister's).  And tonight I've been at a meeting.  So, quite a long and productive day all told.

No comments:

Post a Comment