The kids have been socializing with friends this afternoon, but have faded fast this evening. Early nights all round, I think.
Being the moving story of a family of four (chronologically a Man, a Woman, a Girl and a Boy) adapting from life in a small English village to the strange New World of upstate New York...
Saturday, August 7, 2010
Waiter, there's a frog in my soup
Yesterday's flight was, as I mentioned, uneventful, which is a good thing. Some of our party found it rather boring though. We've got used to being spoiled on Virgin, with individual seat-back screens and a choice of 40 movies. This time we flew American Airlines and the entertainment was old school - central screens showing one dire Jennifer Aniston film and some sitcom re-runs, and nothing of any interest to children at all. The Girl had a sackload of books with her so she was ok for eight hours, but Man and Boy were a bit short on amusements. I'd cleverly bought a copy of Adrian Mole, the Prostrate Years at Heathrow, so time flew for me.
Today we were all up early, some of us very early indeed. We had some mild excitement rescuing a frog from the swimming pool and relocating it to our neighbours' pond. It has been a beautiful day here, sunny and hot but not humid, and we all enjoyed a morning visit to the local farmers' market.
The kids have been socializing with friends this afternoon, but have faded fast this evening. Early nights all round, I think.
The kids have been socializing with friends this afternoon, but have faded fast this evening. Early nights all round, I think.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment