The Boy was out with his other family this afternoon, and on a whim the Girl and I decided to go and see a movie. We picked Ramona and Beezus.
It is, of course, based on Beverley Cleary's Ramona series that I've enthused about before. I'm a big fan, so I approached the movie with a little trepidation as I feared they might have done terrible things with one of my favourite literary characters. But though I couldn't recognise the screen versions of the Mom or big sister Beezus, the Girl and I felt that Ramona - well-intentioned, disaster-prone original that she is - was just about right.
The movie was showing at the Madison Theatre, on Madison Avenue in Albany. It's an older-style theatre, not unlike my preferred movie house, the Spectrum 8. It's not overly comfortable (the seats are a little lumpy), and I could hear the music from the next-screen-along through the wall, but I still rated it as a good movie-going experience and will happily go there again.
No comments:
Post a Comment