Thursday, August 19, 2010

Cats and blogs

The kids have been nagging me for weeks to take them to see Cats and Dogs: Revenge of Kitty Galore. Lucky for them that I caved in today, its last day on show anywhere locally. We opted for the old-fashioned 2D version. I'm not excited about 3D except for non-fiction movies, as it doesn't add anything to plot or character development. That's my pompous opinion, anyway. The children and their friend weren't bothered either, usefully saving me $4 a head - still not enough to buy everyone popcorn.

Terrible film - evil hairless talking cat thwarted in global-domination plot by heroically bumbling talking dogs, pigeon and another talking cat. Hairball and fire-hydrant jokes a-plenty. You get the picture. No-one wanted to sit next to me, so I was able to have a little sleep.

It's three years to the day since I started writing this blog. We re-read all the August 2007 entries as a family this evening to celebrate. Good old days! I have to admit, I especially enjoyed this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment