It's a huge event, part livestock show and part funfair. Last year attendance was down because in addition to the admission price people had to pay for all their rides, so they came away feeling broke. This year rides were included in the entry price. The Boy got his money's-worth with multiple goes on the bumper cars and in a fun house, and I appreciated a leisurely ride on this Ferris wheel. We also saw horses and oxen, and watched a show involving tame monkeys (I'm never quite sure about performing animals, but it is possible they were enjoying themselves).I was sorry to miss a display of prize-winning pies and cakes, but by the time I knew about it we were at the other end of the huge fairground and some of us were a bit tired and ready to go home. Another time perhaps.
No comments:
Post a Comment