Between skating lesson, playdates and a rather exciting evening watching the England-Wales rugby game (thanks Exiles!) I managed to slip out to the annual Grafton Lakes Winterfest. After memorable family visits in 2008 and 2009 I felt this was a tradition that had to be maintained. As usual it was brutally cold, invigorating and altogether rather wonderful.
Being the moving story of a family of four (chronologically a Man, a Woman, a Girl and a Boy) adapting from life in a small English village to the strange New World of upstate New York...
Saturday, February 6, 2010
Festival of ice
The Man writes...the day started with an early kids' party in honour of a rather dubious festival called "International Ice Cream for Breakfast Day". For our children this meant a dribble of ice cream beneath an icky mountain of marshmallows, sprinkles and gummi bears. I guess for me the equivalent indulgence would be International Brussel Sprouts for Breakfast Day, but to my knowledge no-one has invented that yet. (Why not?)
Between skating lesson, playdates and a rather exciting evening watching the England-Wales rugby game (thanks Exiles!) I managed to slip out to the annual Grafton Lakes Winterfest. After memorable family visits in 2008 and 2009 I felt this was a tradition that had to be maintained. As usual it was brutally cold, invigorating and altogether rather wonderful.
Between skating lesson, playdates and a rather exciting evening watching the England-Wales rugby game (thanks Exiles!) I managed to slip out to the annual Grafton Lakes Winterfest. After memorable family visits in 2008 and 2009 I felt this was a tradition that had to be maintained. As usual it was brutally cold, invigorating and altogether rather wonderful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment