Friday, February 5, 2010

Cross over lack of snow

I was the only one at my skating lesson today (the other member of the class was sick) so I had the teacher and the entire ice-rink to myself. I made some good progress, especially with backwards crossovers, which I could already do but not very well. The teacher diagnosed what was going wrong, we corrected it and wow - what a difference.

Sliding on to the afternoon, there was almost as much ice to deal with at the cross-country skiing venue as at the rink. It had reopened today after accumulating just enough snow over the past week - only just enough, though. Conditions were rather treacherous ("It's evil snow!" claimed one skier), and when anyone fell (which was often) landings were hard. Yet the kids and I still managed to have a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment