Thursday, February 11, 2010

Mother of the year

A teaching assignment at Five Rivers this morning had been rearranged, so I was planning to spend the day reading (in a desperate attempt to finish a book in time for the book group meeting I'd forgotten was happening tomorrow). In the end I got distracted by numerous other things - a meeting here, a visit there - and didn't get any reading done at all.

But at least I was comfortably back in the house before the children were due home... Then a phone call came from school: the receptionist, apologetically reminding me that I was supposed to be collecting my son while my daughter was at computer club. Oops. Back in the car.

He didn't seem too traumatized by having been abandoned, I have to say, and happily tucked into a huge cookie and huger strawberry smoothie while we waited for his sister.

Feel free to share your own latest and best mother/father/relative-of-the-year moments in Comments.

4 comments:

  1. OK here's one, fresh from this morning. School-run time, and made Child No. 3 help me turn the house upside down looking for his packed lunch. Failing to find it, marched him off to school and reported to the office, late - explaining to everyone within hearing that it was his fault for 'hiding' his packed lunch. Went home and found it - on the kitchen worktop where it was supposed to be. First prize, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Memory going already?
    When I was a child I had to walk to and from school.Of course it wasnt 15 miles away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your third child is at school already, April Fool? Say it isn't so...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still shudder at the memory of last summer when I realised I had left RR's youngest at the Infants having already walked all the way to the Heights.
    When I arrived, hot and panting having ran all the way back, he sat happily swinging his legs and said ruefully 'I knew you'd forget me one day'.

    ReplyDelete