The Man writes...the arrival of the Vancouver Olympics probably means I shall be spending a lot more time down the gym in the next two weeks. This is partly the inspiration of the world's finest athletes, but mainly because each machine has its own TV and we have no TV at home.
Regular readers may remember that I recently won the ski jump gold medal on the 90m hill at Lake Placid (even though there was no snow), so I was interested to see today's competition. Unfortunately, NBC records the whole event and then shows it in four minute chunks between endless adverts, so merely to watch the top ten jumpers I had to be on the treadmill for a full three miles! But it was worth it; the performance of Swiss winner Simon Ammann -a Harry Potter look alike in the commentator's opinion - could fairly be described as awesome.
Meanwhile the Girl has headed down south for a couple of days to "the island" (Long Island) with her favourite surrogate family in search of snow (and probably TV viewing of a different kind).
No comments:
Post a Comment