My life has somehow started to revolve around owl pellets. The Girl took hers in to 'share' at school the other day, and everyone was wild for them so her teacher asked if I could get hold of some more to use in a science class. I thought Five Rivers would have scads of the things, but they could only sell me five. BUT they gave me the name of their supplier.
So, I looked up Pellets, Inc. Wow - a whole business devoted to supplying owl pellets! I though it was all a bit of a joke at first, then I found myself reading the 'About Us' section of their website and was completely moved by the passion and sincerity of this enterprise. I'm a sucker for anyone who has found their passion in life.
Though maybe I'm just a sucker. Maybe this Pellets guy really runs a barn owl battery farm, feeding the owls on the produce of his vole cloning factory. How would I know? He lives in Washington State, I can hardly just drop in and check.
Is it better in this world to have a trusting heart or a cynical soul? Discuss.
Better to have a trusting heart, but more fun to have a cynical soul.
ReplyDelete