Friday, March 6, 2009

Pedestrian crossover

Today in skating I was trying to learn backwards crossovers and two foot (ie feet together) half turns while moving. Two more shakily executed manouevres to add to my repertoire.

I was carless again, which meant I had to walk to the YMCA where I have my lesson. As with everywhere I choose to visit on foot, the journey took about thirty minutes. On the twelve or so days of the year when there's no immediate danger of freezing, drowning or collapsing from sun stroke it's actually quite pleasant to hoof it round here. But as a friend said, 'Walking to the Y? You'll never be an American, will you?'

The same friend met me at the rink, gave me a lift home and stayed for lunch, so that was good. Then I cracked on with layering the auction quilt, ready to start quilting it this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment