
We revisited the Indian Ladder Trail this morning - almost our last chance as it will soon be closed until May. It is not the American way to allow people to make up their own minds about how safe a path is to walk. Despite the usual howls of protest from the children at the very idea of outdoor activity, they had a lovely time.
The rest of the afternoon was spent with various combinations of Exiles, and intermittently engaged in a drawn-out game of Monopoly. For historical reasons which I won't bother to explain here we have a Swiss version in French and German. I don't really like to play the game in any language - I enjoy it far too much and it forces me to face up to a greed-is-good side of my personality which I'd rather suppress. So I sat knitting and listened in on the others.

Despite the Girl's best efforts to fleece her brother by taking advantage of his less than advanced grasp of numbers, and even though all he was really interested in was running the transport systems, in fact it was the Boy (with a little financial advice from his dad) who soon raced ahead and amassed a huge property empire. Alas the Man was not so lucky himself and had to declare himself bankrupt - which doesn't bode well for our current real life property speculation, but never mind.
Does the Swiss Monopoly version have its own take on the hat, dog, iron etc? And do you all argue over who's going to be the alphorn?
ReplyDeleteOh the rows over who got to be the chunk of Toblerone! Second favourite is the cuckoo clock, but personally I prefer the safe deposit box...
ReplyDeleteIf only - there are just boring Cluedo-type pieces.