The children needed gear for school so I took them shopping today. We had some success, either side of lunch at Ruby Tuesdays (the one restaurant they could both agree on - Buffalo minis and salad for the Girl and a side of fries for the Boy).
In the afternoon I set about yet more sorting and discarding: it has become my regular business lately. Ah, the stuff you can find at the back of drawers and closets - a bag full of used twist ties (sure to come in handy), a dozen bouncy balls, a clockwork dog, a church candle, a plastic duck call... I imagine myself as some future anthropologist, wondering how it all got there and what it all means.
It has not been a hot day, and this evening was positively cool. Man and Boy went swimming and made themselves even colder - the Man had to put a sweater on for the first time in months. The Boy briefly tucked himself in bed to warm up.
Its getting cold here as well Our CH which is set at 20c came on automatically this morning and it was very welcome
ReplyDelete