The Girl and Boy have friends round. Most of their friends, so that's plenty of kids. Many of them have been here since mid-afternoon, and the majority of them are staying the night. Including ours, there appear to be more than a dozen in total.
They have been swimming and larking around in the yard, and down to the local playground. They have eaten in quantity and drunk several gallons of fizz. Sometime soon (I hope) the boys will gravitate towards the basement for the night, and the Girls will convene in the sitting room, and I don't suppose any of them will get much sleep, but as we know by now that's never the point of the exercise. I just hope they manage to not be too loud (12 year-old boys and 14 year-old girls not loud? Yeah, right).
Some of the parents of all these kids stopped to hang out with us for a while during the evening, so we've had fun too. But now a long night stretches ahead of us...
You are very brave I hope everyone enjoyed themselves I see you haven't been on line yet today-are you still resting?
ReplyDelete