In my usual way I had left it way too long to get a haircut. I did think about it several weeks - hm, months - ago, but then discovered that my regular hairdressers had closed down (they didn't even tell me! And they used to send me valentines...) and that stumped me enough to give up the project.
But yesterday I was going through a pile of papers and found a photo of myself soon after a rather nice haircut in 2007. When I looked in the mirror, I knew that the time had come. I broke out the phone directory and randomly picked another local hairdresser.
I chose well, and got a good cut - very reminiscent of that 2007 "do", since I took the photo along and said, "Like this, please!" My hairdresser chatted about her parents (from Turkey) and her upcoming wedding and her degree in Math (her fallback if she stops enjoying cutting hair). An hour flew by and I no longer have a wild fringe and fluffy more-bunny-than-pony tail. Hooray.
No photo??
ReplyDeleteNew shoes and new haircut in the same month? You are turning into a girly! I think I share your attitude to haircuts...only when necessary and then wait another 6 months. I'm far more girly about the shoes, I have no difficulty in buying new pairs.
ReplyDelete