Gimlet latest: the local hardware store didn't have one either, but they ordered one in for me and I can pick it up tomorrow. Yay!
I've been busy with various tasks, but the main one of the day was picking up 13 bags/boxes of secondhand books from school. The Girl and some friends had organized a book drive, collecting donations for Grassroot Givers. There was a great response! I had to borrow a cart (trolley), and made four trips to shift the boxes from the lobby to the car. Don't tell the Man, but they are currently all stacked up in our garage...
Tonight, more heavy lifting of a different kind, at Bethlehem Public Library's second quiz night. Our team was down by two husbands, but we managed to recruit a couple of stand-in men, one of whom was a builder named Bob. Last time, you'll no doubt recall, our team came in third due to an unfortunate tie-breaker situation. The overall winners from that evening were there again tonight, with reinforcements, so we doubted our chances...
...but anyway, we won! My mate J and I were the business on the Intellectuals round, and not bad at children's books, and J's husband (by day scientific salesman, by night rock hopeful) helped considerably in two pop-music rounds. As a group for some reason we excelled in recognizing photos of actors playing the President in movies. We took home substantial prizes - vouchers to the local bookstore, and a 3D-printed victory cup (in addition to the all important colour-changing library pencils). I will post a photo if my team-mates remember to email it to me.
Glad it's still possible to buy such a handy device. Wonder if it will be 3D printed?
ReplyDeleteMany congratulations You are getting as clever as the children!
ReplyDelete