I had a bit of a fair tradey day, starting with my friend M. We work together on the annual Black Friday FT Market, and we were discussing some ideas we have for promoting the event. Although the market is months off, we're planning to do some legwork now in the hopes that it will pay off later with more people attending. One thing is to do the rounds of some local churches and try to get them enthused about the FT movement in general.
Partly with that in mind, I later spent some time trawling Google, and learnt that Pope Francis carries a cross made specially out of materials fairly traded from Honduras. He's quite the dude, isn't he, that pope?
This afternoon there was skating for the Girl in Troy. I sat up in the bleachers planning a World Fair Trade Day (May 10) event with kids' activities, which could be fun. I've booked a room in the library and hopefully a few people will drop in, if only for some free food.
Chocolate Morris Dancers perhaps?
ReplyDelete?
ReplyDelete