Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Snow hope

Not such an exciting day for me.  We've continued to have problems with our heating, so I had to wait in for the men to come back and have another go at fixing it.  I think we're sorted out now, with a new thermostat inside the furnace to stop it from overheating.

I hope we are sorted out, as tomorrow is set to be a snow day: 100% chance of precipitation, according to the forecast, starting in the small hours.  The storm has been given quite a build-up. The kids will be bitterly disappointed if school isn't cancelled for the day (a few teachers are counting on a day at home, too, I suspect).

Well, it's about time for some more snow, anyway.  The last lot has all but melted and everywhere looks very brown and drab.  So bring it on (but without power cuts to go with it, please).

The Man adds...On Saturday we ventured deep into the frozen woods of Five Rivers, specifically the North Loop and the Big Pine trail.  We had the two mile trail entirely to ourselves. It's amazing that after all this time, there are intriguing areas of the Center that are almost unknown to us.




2 comments:

  1. Hmm.. wonder what it does apart from check the local forecast. Does the probability depend on how many snow days there have already been this year?

    ReplyDelete