Today the children and I travelled back to New York state. Sad to say, we left the Man behind - he's attending a conference in San Jose next week.
The journey was long but went smoothly. The only minor hiccup was going through security, when my carry-on bag was pulled out for inspection after it had sat for a long time in the x-ray scanner. They didn't tell me what caused their suspicions. It could have been my hair-straightening tongs - I've had those queried before. Or maybe they detected a strange substance at the bottom of the bag and wondered what I was trying to smuggle across the country. That was in fact half a box-worth's of the Boy's cocoa-krispies which had exploded in the bag the day before. Anyway, after they'd had a good (and ever so slightly sticky) rummage, they let me pass.
So, we are home again, and though it is not as cold as I'd feared, there's still a mountain of snow in the yard. Ah, I could have got used to California. I hope the Man is able to make the most of an extra week of balmy weather.
Safe shovelling!
ReplyDeleteGlad you are back safely and that you had a good week
ReplyDelete