Back to Jiminy Peak today for another afternoon of skiing. Conditions were pretty good, although it was snowing most of the time we were out. The snow blew every which way, so no matter what direction you were heading it blew straight in your face. Ah well.
I did OK, and even managed to pick up some speed. I'm sure anyone watching would still have said I was going as slow as a snail - but a snail with go-faster stripes, I like to think.
I always keep to the easier slopes (no scary black diamonds for me, thank you), but for some reason one of them seemed to have developed a bad case of moguls. That caught me by surprise and I shot over a bump and did a lovely face-plant - literally landed my nose in the snow. But I managed to ski back to base cheerfully enough, even with my glasses all fogged up.
The rest of the family briefly enjoyed the views northward from the highest point before the clouds rolled in.

Glad to see the crash hat
ReplyDeleteYou are a glutton for punishment! I think I would prefer curling
ReplyDelete