We woke up this morning in our cabin in Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park - in easy reach of many trails. We took a steep one up to see Pfeiffer Falls and a view of the valley. Wonderful to be walking in shirtsleeves - in February!
We spent the rest of the day exploring the Big Sur area, partly by car, partly following footpaths. It is a spectacular stretch of coastline. I was hopeful of seeing migrating grey whales from the clifftops (supposedly it's a good time of year for this), but I don't think we did. Maybe they were there, but travelling submarine-style.
Tonight we are in the toney town of Carmel. It has a beautiful beach and lots of elegant shopping. We are slumming it on the outskirts in a motel (cheap, but quite nice actually, although the wifi is dodgy). I hope you get to read this...Sorry still can't post photos.
How about Cannery Row? Carmel v pretty as well as tony!
ReplyDeleteThank you for writing the blog Its good to read about your adventures and to know that the weather is being kind to you
ReplyDelete