Monday, August 19, 2013

Parting party

We drove up to Yorkshire today to attend Auntie Pat's funeral - a sad day, but with so many people gathered from far and wide to remember her it was a celebration too, which I think she would have appreciated.  The crematorium was packed to overflowing.

I have caught up with numerous relatives and family friends, and the kids have reacquainted themselves with cousins once and twice removed (or however it is that they are related) and we've all enjoyed the hospitality of my eldest cousin and family.  There was a grand spread of food and a house full of people and I don't think Pat could have had a better send-off.

2 comments:

  1. Hope you enjoy the rest of your stay in Gods own county Say hello to Scarborough beach where I spent a lot of time when I was little (Can still feel those cold winds coming off the North Sea!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you enjoy the rest of your stay in Gods own county Say hello to Scarborough beach where I spent a lot of time when I was little (Can still feel those cold winds coming off the North Sea!)

    ReplyDelete