As I mentioned, we had a very long day out yesterday - at Hersheypark.
Oh boy. Where to begin? Actually, that was pretty much our first challenge when we arrived: the place is vast (as the Boy noted, "It's bigger than a small country!")
The Man and kids were quick to jump aboard the Coal Cracker water-coaster. Then I gamely joined the Girl on the Flying Falcon, a sort of whirl-you-up-into-the-sky-and-spin-you-around ride. Big mistake. Apparently I had forgotten that I get sick after thirty seconds on a kiddies' roundabout at the playpark... I spent the next couple of hours recovering while the others took turns on one stomach-churning attraction after another (though even they didn't attempt any of the truly terrifying category 5 "aggressive thrill" rides).
I didn't miss out entirely. I enjoyed some of the tamer activities, such as the appropriate-for-senior-citizens monorail and the slowly rotating Kissing Tower, and I was somehow persuaded onto the Coal Cracker where I didn't mind the steep drop down a waterfall. But I was happy to leave "Barf Inducer" and "Waves of Nausea" and other such excitements (ok, maybe that's not what the rides were really called) to my beloved family.
The Girl discovered that her preference was not so much the roller coasters as the funfair rides, and she took endless turns flying round on the swing roundabout. The Boy liked the Trailblazer, a category 3 coaster, and the water-park attractions, while the Man was pleased to have braved the Comet, an rattly old-fashioned wooden coaster (category 4 - "high thrill") just before the park closed at 10pm - the Boy accompanied him, but with his eyes shut the whole way round.
Some members of the family are eager to visit more amusement parks in the future, though as the Boy told me, with a patronising pat on the back, "I think we'd better leave Mum at home next time."
Quite an experience ! The rest of the family must have strong stomachs It was very brave of you to carry on after your early upset What did you all do for nourishment? Hershy bars ? Reading about it all at breakfast time makes me feel sick!
ReplyDelete