The young man I spoke to seemed baffled - this was all news to him. I presented him with my trusty state of the Ark, not-smart-at-all Nokia, and he looked at it as if it was something rare that I should take to be evaluated by the Antiques Roadshow. He may have had a point. Eventually a colleague confirmed that, yes, this phone swapping deal thing was for real (though not many people had asked about it, presumably because not many people stick with the same mobile phone for six years), and I'm now the proud owner of a new GoPhone. But what a shame no-one advised me first to save all my phone contacts, which have now been lost forever. Sigh.
Back at the house, some rather more dramatic updating took place today. We had our pool liner replaced. The old one had reached the end of its useful life, to the point of the vinyl sagging and bagging and springing a leak, so we've finally done the (yikes, how much???) necessary. I have to admit, it's a huge improvement.
The Boy briefly braved the new water, which at just over 60F is about 25 degrees colder than a few weeks ago at the height of the July heatwave.
The old mobile is prettier but I like the blue of the pool
ReplyDelete