Monday, December 19, 2011

Sayonara

You've probably been wondering how my dentist is getting on.  Well, very nicely thank you, especially having had yet another extensive (& expensive) go at my teeth this morning.  I've had so many crowns by now I'm practically royal, and I feel almost relaxed lying back in that reclining chair.  Almost.

This afternoon I said goodbye to my Japanese friend.  She and her family are returning to live in Japan, flying tomorrow.  I think she's happy about moving home - although they'll be settling in a new city, so it might not seem exactly like home for a while.  It might be tough for her sons who have come to enjoy being here and have made many friends. 

In other news...bowing to cultural pressure (and at the insistence of the Boy, who even included this on his Christmas list) we have finally put up outdoor "holiday" lights.  Before you get too excited, no, not an inflatable Santa.  Just this restrained but twinkly acknowledgement of the season.

1 comment:

  1. not quite super symmetry but pretty and cheering

    ReplyDelete