The Man and I loaned out the children and went to the theatre tonight.
We'd been given tickets for Man of La Mancha at the Capital Repertory Theater, better known as Capital Rep. From the outside it's the least attractive theatre I've ever seen - it looks like a multi-storey carpark. In fact, the theatre is kind of tucked within a parking lot (which ironically you aren't allowed to park in at night when you might conceivably be going to, I dunno, the theatre?).
Anyway, once inside, Capital Rep is a wonderful theatre space. It's small, what they call "an intimate setting", so everyone in the audience is pretty close to the stage and almost in amongst the action. Tonight's sold-out performance was excellent, with a talented and versatile cast. The Man and I will no doubt be whistling To Dream the Impossible Dream for weeks to come.
THREE birds with one wotsit ! Great story, great play and great song. Play it loud and play it long and drown out F.X coming to town
ReplyDeleteCar park has some architectural features too