Great disappointment this morning - the merest dusting of snow on the ground, not enough to cause so much as a snow delay, and all gone by lunchtime. Yet friends less than twenty miles away, the other side of the Hudson, were snowed in and had the whole day off.
The Girl was performing in a concert tonight (she's in the 6th Grade choir). I read through the programme notes and registered the message from SADD (Students Against Destructive Decisions, a school club where I guess the kids sit around not drinking and smoking) - they wanted to encourage parents not to drink and drive over the holiday season. Can't argue with that.
I mention all this because, before the concert kicked off, a special announcement was made to draw the audience's attention to this message, with the added inducement that one lucky programme-holder would find a smiley face on the SADD page and therefore win a prize.
Well, I'd already looked at the page of course and hadn't noticed a smiley face...or had I?
I looked again. OMG! It's me! I'm the winner! Look! Look! I've got the smiley face! I murmured internally as I strolled up to the stage to receive my prize...
Since you ask: two holiday mugs with complimentary sachets of drinking chocolate. Will go very nicely with a hot toddy and a cigar between seasonal parties...
I'm kidding, lovely SADD students, you know I am. Thank you for the nice prize.
FT Choc to boot?
ReplyDelete