Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Out of the closet

In our bedroom the Man and I have a spacious walk-in closet (what in other cultures might be a called a "room").  Inevitably, because it's behind a door that closes, all sorts of junk ends up in there.

Today I emptied it out and sorted through everything.  It was very satisfying.

There are things that do rightfully belong in a closet - the sort of things that are useful occasionally, like sleeping bags and extra quilts, suitcases and wind-up gramophones.  Also a small stash of emergency gifts in case of unexpected birthdays.  I've now made space for some of my fair trade campaign materials (posterboards and such-like) which until now had just been propped against a wall.  I haven't quite managed to part with the unpacked box of books, or the stack of pictures which we clearly don't love all that much or we'd have hung them up by now.  But I have made the space cleaner and tidier and altogether less appalling, and that's a good thing.  Also, I found a favourite sock that has been missing for months.

Now just the rest of the house to deal with...

1 comment:

  1. congratulations on your clear out and on being reunited with a favourite sock. I know how frustrating it is to have one lonely sock.

    ReplyDelete