
Another day of secret, Santa-ish behaviour. The kids were part of it too - well, for some of the time, when they weren't just acting crazy. There's something about this time of year...
Snow fell for several hours, but it was light and gentle and didn't do much more than whiten the grubby stuff left over from two weeks ago. I went out to clear the drive in the afternoon, started shovelling but realised I'd do better with a brush. It was like sweeping up sugar (and I know what that is like because I have baked with children).
How is our homeland coping with the latest snow? If you are over there, is there much near you, and are you enjoying it?
The big melt has begun, although our road still looks like an ice rink. Dr Wallace and the rockkids had a great time sledging on the Gog Magogs yesterday, while I fruitlessly searched for parsnips under the snow.
ReplyDeletea) YES
ReplyDeleteb) NO!!!
WE HAVE ALSO HAD RAIN -NOW FROZEN,AND THUNDER AND LIGHTENING!!!
An inch or two tomorrow would be nice (of the quick-melting variety) - other than that, have had enough of the wretched stuff till this time next year.
ReplyDeleteHappy Christmas to you all, by the way - as usual, the intentions were good but the act of putting pen to card didn't quite happen. I blame the weather ...