My legs are aching this evening after an hour and a half at the rink earlier in the day. It has taken me a few weeks to really get back into the skating, but I'm hooked on it all over again now.
In today's lesson I was put to work learning "edges" - gliding one-footed in a curving line, on either the inner or outer edge of the blade. As ever with a new manoeuvre, to begin with I was convinced it was completely impossible. But towards the end of the session I had made some progress, and I think with more practice I might get the hang of it.
It has been considerably colder today, below freezing in fact - temperatures in the 20sF, and a chill wind making it feel even colder than that. Anyone who might be planning to visit from the UK in a few days time would do well to pack their warmest clothes...
No comments:
Post a Comment