Friday, December 4, 2009

Quick march

Well, whatever next? Tonight I've been out marching in a parade!

It was the same local Holiday parade we went to watch a couple of years ago. The Girl and I were joined by our friends, carrying our Fair Trade banner and handing out chocolates. We were behind a vast crowd of Girl Scouts and just ahead of the fife and drum band bringing up the rear of the procession. There was no hanging around - we marched apace but were still nearly overtaken by the musicians several times.

At the end of the parade, while Santa disembarked from his fire truck and lit the tree lights we beat a retreat to a nearby church hall where homemade cookies, popcorn and Fair Trade hot chocolate were being served. Yum.

Energized by these refreshments, the kids then insisted on going to the YMCA for a swim. They should sleep well tonight - I'm pretty sure I will, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment