Monday, October 26, 2009

'Tis the season to be poorly

For the last few days I've been feeling throaty and under the weather, so today I took myself off to the doctor's. It turns out it's just a viral infection, and not my annual bout of strep throat/tonsillitis. Which is good news I suppose, except that it means I can't take anything that will make it go away more quickly, and if this is a normal year the strep throat proper is still to come.

In any case, with regret I cancelled my after-school sewing class - but as it turned out more than half my group were off sick themselves anyway. In fact fully two thirds of the Boy's class were absent today with a range of coughs, colds and fevers. I guess the 'flu - H1N1 or otherwise - may have arrived in our corner of the northeast.

I could put in a word here about my own kids' current rude good health, but any parent knows that's just asking for trouble.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear you are not well.Did the visit to the farmers market in the bad weather lower your resistance?
    I wish you a speedy recovery

    ReplyDelete